How to Apply: Veterinarians in Private Practice
To be respectful of a potential applicant’s time, the Foundation has a two-step application process.
Step 1 consists of a letter or memo that includes the following:
- A description of your experience in veterinary medicine, including when and where you received your DVM;
- Description of your current (or former, if retired) practice, including location (with zip code), type (companion animal, mixed animal, other), size, dog owners as percent of total clients;
- The idea to be tested;
- The “best option” diagnostic or treatment for which your idea would be an alternative;
- Desired outcome;
- “Best guess” of length of trial needed to get results;
- Estimated cost savings to the client compared to traditional "best option" recommendation.
The letter can be sent either via email or by mail. The Foundation will respond within two weeks with any questions and within four weeks with a decision. Successful Step 1 applicants will be given details on Step 2 at that time.
Please cover all these points. Any additional material you want to include is welcome. If you have any questions before submitting a proposal, please email us at email@example.com and we will get back to you promptly.