How to Apply
Interested faculty members should provide the following information to the Stanton Foundation:
- A description of the applied history course that they intend to develop and an explanation of how the course is new
- An estimate of how many students will enroll in the new applied history course
- Recent reviews of their teaching (supervisor recommendations are useful but not a substitute for student reviews)
- A proposed budget that is within the $50,000 limit and includes any payment to their university for administrative costs
- A current CV
- A list of previous courses taught (if not included on CV)
A draft Memorandum of Understanding, which provides some guidance regarding what will be expected from the faculty member once their course proposal has been accepted can be found on the Resources page. This is just for your information. After the foundation has notified successful applicants, each will be required to sign an institution specific MOU. This MOU must be signed by both the faculty member developing the new applied history course and the department chair or divisional dean, depending on local institutional practice.
Applications are due by March 15, 2019 for proposed courses to be taught in the 2019-2020 academic year. Successful applicants will be notified as promptly as possible but in no case later than April 18, 2019.
If you are interested in this program and plan to submit an application, please contact the program officer at AH@thestantonfoundation.org.