After the Park Opens
After the park is open, towns may apply to the Stanton Foundation for up to three capital improvement grants. These grants are to be used to make improvements to the park, not for routine maintenance. The Foundation will approve capital improvement grants of up to 5% of hard construction costs; thus if construction costs totaled $200,000, a town could receive grants of up to $10,000 per year for three years.
The first capital improvement grant may be requested 12 months after the opening date, the second after 18 months of operation, and the third after 24 months of operation. All capital improvement grant requests must be submitted within 5 years of the park opening or will be forfeited.
To be eligible for a capital improvement grant each community must:
- Be a present Stanton Foundation Dog Park Grant recipient;
- Have formally opened its park no fewer than 12 months prior to submitting its application;
- Be current with reporting requirements as detailed in the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) executed prior to receiving a construction grant;
- Otherwise be in compliance with the terms of the MOU;
- Contact the Foundation to arrange for a Foundation representative to visit and inspect the park.
If you meet the eligibility criteria detailed above, and wish to request a capital improvement grant, please contact the Foundation's program officer.